Role Play Website : Kumari Style.
Welcome! The Kumari Wolves is a semi-realistic/fantasy Play by Post Role Playing game. We cater for people in ranges from Beginner to advanced. We strive on plot making and drawn out stories! Please come in and join the fun!
If you are an existing member, please log in below. If you are a new member, it is easy and free to register! If you happen to be a guest just passing through, feel free to roam our boards for a great read!
Role Play Website : Kumari Style.
Welcome! The Kumari Wolves is a semi-realistic/fantasy Play by Post Role Playing game. We cater for people in ranges from Beginner to advanced. We strive on plot making and drawn out stories! Please come in and join the fun!
If you are an existing member, please log in below. If you are a new member, it is easy and free to register! If you happen to be a guest just passing through, feel free to roam our boards for a great read!

This is the Role play site you've been looking for.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 36 on Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:02 pm
s w i t c h .
a c c o u n t s

Latest topics
» Forced Heroes
A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] Emptyby Guest Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:13 pm

» Victory
A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] Emptyby Lucius Mistwalker Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:03 pm

» Uninvited Guest
A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] Emptyby Desi'Andrea Sabine Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:57 pm

» The Dusk Comes
A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] Emptyby Bladewolf Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:13 pm

» Making Trouble
A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] Emptyby Aleria Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:53 pm

» Lone Wanderings (Open)
A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] Emptyby Noctis Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:46 am

» Coming Home (Blade)
A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] Emptyby Bladewolf Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:09 pm

» Valkoine
A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] Emptyby Admin Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:23 am

» Second Chances
A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] Emptyby Lucius Mistwalker Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:06 am

» Mannix
A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] Emptyby Mannix Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:09 am

V O T E
m a k e . u s . # 1

Top 50 Wolf RPG

Last of the Wilds

100 Wolf Roleplay Sites

Intus Incednia's K9 Elites

Top 100 Canine Sites

100 Top Wolf RP Sites

A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
GraalOtonami
Elite
Elite
GraalOtonami

Character Sheet
Member Status: Lone Lone

A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] Empty
PostSubject: A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open]   A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 2:25 pm

Graal Oh Otonami

Our history is but a cycle of failure, and the blood on our hands seldom belongs to another.

Gasping for breath, Graal steps, exhausted through the muddy quicksand at the edge of the shore. His soaked fur dripping to create ripples in the sodden muck below him.
"What a mess..." he thinks to himself, grunting as he unsticks one leg from a puddle of quicksand.
Lifting his head a little, he murmurs in his own tongue, "Ou es Ah?", looking around for some clue, a familiarity, anything to let him know where he was.
He didn't have a clue.
"Nort ken ou temp..." he mutters, shaking his head.
"Gods that hurts..."
He trudges on, up the beach and towards solid ground.
"Maybe I'll find some high ground to see from, or maybe I'll find Vulfkin who can help me." he ponders, stopping to stretch one leg out until the joint pops. He sighs with relief, carrying on, still dripping, but the sun on his back is already cheering him up and warming his fur.
"Nort ken, et nuev terrl." he muses happily. "Das macht mag Ah Kerl, nort?." he pauses, shrugs again, shakes some of the salty water from his skin and moves towards the trees not far from him, a kind he didn't recognise, but by now, this was becoming a recurring theme, and Graal's belly wasn't getting any fuller.

"Perhaps," he thinks to himself, "there are rabbits to be caught here, or SOMETHING to eat..."

"Graal's Speaking."
"Graal's Thoughts."
Graal's Memories

Last edited by GraalOtonami on Thu Jul 30, 2015 11:29 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Charon
Veteran
Veteran
Charon

Character Sheet
Member Status: Warden of the East Warden of the East

PostSubject: Re: A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open]   A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 5:12 pm

The beach; a place where others would often think of it as a warm place with the hot sand and bearable ocean water where it was comfortable to play in. It was summer now and the skies were partly cloudy so the sun sometimes hid behind fluffy puffs. The salty, fishy breeze blew in and scented the area with it. Charon got into the habit of constantly patrolling the most of Kumari that didn't belong to a pack. Calling it such though he wouldn't agree with and if anyone asked, he was just 'moseying by', though he would say it wouldn't be any of their business either. Nonetheless, it gave himself an excuse to get out and a reason to his exploring habits. If he met anyone he knew, then its just more for him to know as to what they're up to. If it's a new acquaintance, then it's another mental tally for those of he knows of who reside in Kumari. One would think he's keeping a silent watch over everyone when it's just he's privy and has to know everything.

Charon took a whiff of the salty air and the first thought that came to mind was how much he hated salt water in his fur. He didn't go as far as the sandy beach but stayed where it was a little bit higher and there was grass underneath his paws. Plus it was more shady and he stayed cooler rather than the heat warming his body. Staying at a walking's pace, he was in no hurry. Seeing the beach and waves crashing reminded him of a recent event, last year or sometime other, when he saw some aquatic wolf who looked part mermaid. There was a wonder as to where the guy went but Charon hasn't seen him since. Maybe he swam off to another place or still lurks in the ocean?

Speaking of, teal eyes came upon another individual whose direction indicated he was coming from the ocean as well. Maybe it was the same one he was just thinking about. Either way, it's still odd to see a wolf originate from the ocean, as it may seem. Stopping to watch, Charon silently observed the unknown wolf slowly venture to the grassy area the bordered the sand, mumbling to himself something. For now, he just wondered and speculated, not wanting to do any confronting. If the other notices him, fine, but if not, then perhaps Charon could stalk and only would tell him how clueless the other was to his presence.
Back to top Go down
GraalOtonami
Elite
Elite
GraalOtonami

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open]   A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 6:09 pm

Graal Oh Otonami

Our history is but a cycle of failure, and the blood on our hands seldom belongs to another.

It was not long before he made it to a grassy rise at the edge of the beach. Sitting down, he begins to pick bits of sand and muck, seaweed and twigs from his fur, his eyes catching a black figure from the corner of his eye.
He pauses for just a moment, his eyes locking on the teal orbs staring at him.
"Hm... Voh es?" He muses, continuing to pull the salty mess from his sopping wet fur.
"This is disgusting..."
He shudders, the smell and taste of salt and rotting fish was inescapable, stuck in his nose and mouth, his tongue rough with salt and sand, slimy with mucus and salty slime.
"The sooner I find a river, the better I'll feel."
He consoles himself. The figure catches his eye again, perhaps coming closer now?
THE ANIMAL APPEARS FROM THE AMETHYST DARKNESS, FIRE DRIPPING FROM IT'S RUBY JAWS, LAUGHING DARKLY
Graal shakes his head, taking a deep breath and stepping back, eyes slamming shut in rejection.
"What in Ragnar's name was THAT!?"
Slowly opening his eyes, he sees the grassy earth at his feet, damp from his fur.
Catching his breath, he calms himself, but an orange glow was left where his paws left prints in the soft earth.
"Vos es...?" He whispers, bewildered.
"That never happened before... Is it because of this place?" he wonders, looking directly at Charon, on his guard a little.
"Voh dothan das?" he asks, soaked hackles raising a little.

"Graal's Speaking."
Graal's Thoughts.
Graal's Memories
Back to top Go down
Charon
Veteran
Veteran
Charon

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open]   A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 3:01 am

Charon could make out from the other wolf's gruff voice that he was a male, but he only continued to mumble to himself incomprehensibly. It either was a foreign tongue or Charon's hearing wasn't what it used to be. Lifting a paw to the side of his head, he used the back side of his wrist to rub vigerously, digging as far as he could to maybe loosen up any wax buildup. Finished, he inspected the back of his wrist for maybe something that he may have dug out. Nothing. Shaking himself out and erecting his ears again to listen more, the stranger stopped to pick at himself, getting seaweed and sand from his fur. The wolf seemed disgusted and Charon couldn't deny his own sentiments towards that.

Watching under the comfort of the shade of a nearby tree and despite it being a shadowed area, the day was just to bright and sunny for him to evade the sight of the stranger, as his heterochromiac eyes looked directly at his dark form. Charon's thick tail swayed from side to side casually, arched in a neutral manner. The other male wolf carried on cleaning himself the best he could, ignoring Charon's presence the best he could. However, after a moment or two, the male acted as if he saw a ghost, his features draining and even taking a step back. Shaking whatever it was away, opening his eyes, he checked himself in wonder. 'Who was this guy?', Charon's expression became confused as he only thought this question.

In that amount of time, the stranger traveled up to where the sand turned to grass, though it seemed he experienced some sort of episode. Charon failed to noticed the soft glow that eminated from his steps. Again, the male spoke in some odd tongue that even he has never heard before. It sounded like some language, but was close to another. Maybe some obscure german dialect? He was on guard and in turn Charon tensed a little. They didn't know each other and such was to be expected. But it seemed that the stranger was trying to converse with him and the immortal was fumbling as to what to say. It has been forever, it would seem, that he spoke his mother tongue to speak with another. "Eh, uh... sprechen Sie Deutsch?... Norske?... eh...", he cleared his throat some, "России , может быть?" Charon picked languages that he felt most comfortable speaking in that maybe this stranger knew of. "English, do you speak English?" He grew a little impatient as his tail swished. For now he kept his distance and perhaps he struck somewhere this guy could speak with him.

Back to top Go down
GraalOtonami
Elite
Elite
GraalOtonami

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open]   A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 12:57 pm

Graal Oh Otonami

The two were at a standoff now, Graal's tense body shaking with fatigue and stress, perhaps even a little fear. Charon's guard on the other hand, was full of confidence and strength.
"Either one of us disarms the tension now, or I could die right here, in this unfamiliar land, an ignominious death for what might be the only one of my clan here..." he thinks to himself, glancing warily at the flickering, fiery orange prints he had left where he had stood previously.
"That's never happened before..."
The black wolf's mouth opens and closes again, considering his words, bringing Graal's attention back to him. Was he struggling to think of how best to approach him?
"Perhaps he's stupid... Probably not..." he muses, dismissing the thought almost straight away, a slip up like that could cost him his life. It almost did before.
"Eh, uh... sprechen Sie Deutsch?... Norske?... eh... Ahem- России , может быть?"
Graal looked, a little stunned at Charon, cocking his head. He knew of these languages, they were ones the Vulfkin tried to teach him once, but he had just been a pup, and he had not wanted to learn.
The black wolf before him flicked his tail in annoyance, clearly growing a little impatient.
"Perhaps there's something to be learned from this one..."
"English, do you know English?" Charon near-barks, exasperated.
Graal nods slowly, not taking his eyes off the wolf before him.
"Under a different name, yes, I speak the common tongue." he says hesitantly, cringing at the taste of seawater in his mouth as his tongue moves.
"I must look quite the mess... Perhaps he'll pity me and answer my questions?"
Graal grins a little, letting his guard drop a little, though not completely.
"What is this place, and do you not understand the language I speak? I thought Vulftung was universal?"
Graal was unsure if he'd come off as impetuous or not, but right now, he couldn't progress inland without a place to go, to do that, he'd have to learn where he was. He could explore later.

"Graal's Speaking."
"Graal's Thoughts."
-GRAAL'S MEMORIES-
Back to top Go down
Charon
Veteran
Veteran
Charon

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open]   A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 7:30 pm

The stranger was noticeably still sopping wet, even with the hot beach air blowing in from the coast. Was he shivering from the still cool seawater that clung to his fur or was he afraid of Charon? The male stared at him and Charon stared back, eyeing each other and possibly sizing the other up. Charon wasn't so much defensive as he was curious and wondered what the other wolf would do. The sooty colored wolf remained motionless, ears erect and eyes glaring. That is, until the stranger moved his eyes away to look to the ground. This was when Charon also noticed that there were glowing paw-prints where he male had previously walked. An oddity, indeed. Was the stranger doing this on purpose or was this involuntary? Either way, probably something he shouldn't touch. It was different from the usual elemental abilities he was used to seeing with others whom he has faced.

Speaking in an unknown tongue that Charon has yet to hear, the immortal tried communicating in some other languages he knows of, maybe finding common ground. Going through a few and the male still silent, for some reason Charon grew impatient quickly and with a huff, asked if he finally could speak English. The first moment from the stranger: a nod in affirmative. Finally! The male's gruff voice finally spoke words that Charon could recognize. 'Well why didn't ya in the first place?', his mind spoke silent thoughts.

Unconsciously following the slight relaxing body posture the stranger took, Charon shifted his weight to one side, muscles not so tense anymore. With a little hesitation, the male spoke again, asking some predictable questions. At least it seems he's not from around here, as if his odd language wasn't enough of a hint. He even assumed that Charon should know of it. "No, at least not around here. I ain't nev'r heard of it... No matter, at least you do speak the common tongue and we can understand each other. Yer on a continent called Kumari, stranger. Yer gonna 'ave to get used to this language, as far as I know, no one else speaks this 'Vulftung', as you call it." Charon's demeanor remained quite neutral and indifferent; and other's who know of him would insist this is about as friendly he gets with most. The stranger continued to cringe and shiver with the seawater weighing him down. What should he do with him though? Bid him farewell and continue wandering or guide the male to the nearest stream at least and point him towards the way where he wouldn't find too much trouble? Charon could barely stand the stench of the seawater and fish coming from him anymore. He sighed 'Why am I doing this?' "There's a freshwater stream not too far inland."
Back to top Go down
GraalOtonami
Elite
Elite
GraalOtonami

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open]   A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 3:18 am

Graal Oh Otonami

Graal smiles a little as the wolf before him lightens up at his words.
"At least he didn't threaten to eat me..." He ponders, "Wait. Nobody ever has, have they? Why would that even occur to me?"
He glances at the paw print one more time as he relaxes his posture, Charon following suit.
"He's a well-built specimen, I'll give him that." He observes, one eyebrow arching at the thing wrapped around Charon's left leg.
"No, at least not around here. I ain't nev'r heard of it...
Now, that made Graal pause.
"Have I really left everyone behind?" He worries, the fate of his family, numbering in the thousands if not millions, was suddenly in question.
"What disaster could befall them? Fire? Humans? The Vulfkin were always our friends, but-" alas, his reverie was cut short.
"Yer on a continent called Kumari, stranger. Yer gonna 'ave to get used to this language, as far as I know, no one else speaks this 'Vulftung', as you call it."
And that was when the pin dropped.
"I'm lost, utterly, utterly lost and alone... My family, if they still live, will never find me, perhaps I am the one who died? No... This feels too real to be death..."
Graal puts a paw down on the ground, his eyes closing for a moment. The air shimmers for a brief moment before his paw glows a faint blue. Lifting it, a paw-print remains, floating an inch or so above the ground, a stark contrast to the unstable and flickering mess he had left before.
"Very well." He mumbles, "Kumari. This is the new cycle? So be it."
The sun's warmth did not aid Graal's mood today as it usually would. Usually he might bathe in the sand and sun, soothing his aching joints, right now however, it merely worsened the depressing reek of sea in his fur.
Charon obviously shared the distaste, or perhaps a little pity, sighing as he said "There's a freshwater stream not too far inland."
Graal nods solemnly, "Just a moment, please, I shan't take long." He asks, stepping into the orange imprint, electric crackling along his fur as he does so.
Immediately the memory floods in, but he's somewhat ready for it this time.

-Graal stiffens as she begins to circle him, but refuses to allow his body to show fear, instead, he circles around with her, playing along as if it were a game.
"I was Graal of the Otonami Clan far to the west of here, now I am just Graal, a Kerl, you are? Oh, and unfortunately I can't tell you when the leaders of the pack that holds this territory will see you, if they decide to, anyway." he sizes her up, making his motions obvious, "You say you are looking for a fight? There are plenty of wildcats and bears, Druin too, why seek to join a pack where duties detract from freedom?" he asks, his eyes searching hers for any truth in her answer.-

Graal steps back, a little shaken again, "That definitely wasn't my memory... And I don't remember it ever being told like that either..." He whispers, taking a deep breath to calm himself.
He looks up at Charon once more, nodding, "I am ready." He declares, the orange glow subsiding like a dying flame into his paws, leaving the blue print behind him.
Before leaving with the black wolf, however, he turns a little, glancing mournfully at the imprint.
He steps forward, leaving everything he ever knew behind him, looking to the black wolf, he smiles a little.
"What is your name, young one?" he asks, stepping a little closer to follow him.

"Graal's Speaking."
Graal's Thoughts.
Graal's Memories
Back to top Go down
Charon
Veteran
Veteran
Charon

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open]   A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 6:32 pm

The older wolf relaxed as he himself did, but then Charon offered his answers to his questions. It would seem that they weren't the answers that he was looking for. Charon noticed that his body tensed up and just froze. Was the older one suddenly in fear of something? Charon noticed some sort of internal battle was going on as he tried to think and comprehend what he has heard. It was obvious before that the stranger was not of this area and perhaps he doesn't remember how he got here. For all that Charon knew, the last thing that this elder knew of was that he was with his family or at least with someone he knew and a place he could call home. As sad and tragic it sounds, Charon didn't care. The last thing he wanted was to get mixed up in the affairs of someone who just washed up on Kumari shore. For now, he remained silent and allowed the male figure out his thoughts. If he could read the thoughts of another, Charon would find the old one to be quite the melodramatic, questioning everything and anything.

Charon heard the shiff of the grass as the stranger placed a paw on the ground, closing his eyes and seemingly concentrating. A moment or so passes before a blue glow emanates from underneath that paw. Revealing the blue light to him, Charon saw that a glowing blue pawprint floated. It was similar to the other glowing prints as he noticed earlier. Eyes narrowed and Charon got defensive at the odd ability this one seemed to have. "Don't be tryin' anything suspicious", he warned. Just then, the stranger mumbled something, something about a new cycle and accepting it. What was he talking about? He was turning out to be quite the character already.

Offering to take the older male to a stream nearby to wash off, he accepts, but asks for a moment. Charon reluctantly nods, wondering what else would have to be done that's so pertinent over his generous offer. Cautiously, Charon took a step or two back as he watched the other step into this floating colored pawprint. Even though he told him not to try anything funny, Charon wasn't quite ready to trust the old one. Electric zaps and static crawled over the elder as he stepped, which caused Charon's heart to leap in surprise, the fur on his neck raising momentarily. Going through, what looked like, another episode like before, only seconds passed until the old male stumbled back some. He whispered something again, but Charon couldn't make much of it out as his voice seemed out of breath. Once he had calmed, he declared he was ready. Charon wasn't so sure. "You sure?" He questioned as his actions told otherwise. The stranger grieved over whatever that pawprint was and soon joined up with Charon. Going ahead, he made sure to keep the elder to his side rather than directly behind, but still leading the way.

Asking of his name, Charon really didn't like offering his name to others before he knew theirs, especially if they referred to him as young. He felt a pulse in his temple before quickly calming himself. The stranger did look almost double his biological age and Charon constantly needed to remind himself that he indeed tried to keep his true age a secret and not everyone else knew of it. "Only if you promise to give me yours, old timer..." With a pause, he looked back to him to verify if he would. He continued, "You may call me Charon." If the stranger had anything else to ask, he supposed he would answer, but it would have to depend. Right now though, the salty air was wafting away and the smell of the grassy plain was filling his nose. Every once in a while though, an upwind would come from behind and blow the other wolf's stentch towards him. Really need to find that stream or river soon. He knew if he continued straight inland, he would find it. With that, he veered off to the right.
Back to top Go down
GraalOtonami
Elite
Elite
GraalOtonami

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open]   A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 9:29 am

Graal Oh Otonami

"Don't be tryin' anything suspicious"
"Don’t worry about it... I am ready." Graal murmurs, a little smile on his face, but it wasn’t a happy one.
With one more glance behind him, he steps up to Charon’s side, asking his age as he walks.
"Only if you promise to give me yours, old timer..."
“Is he insecure?” Graal muses, biting is tongue at the remark which was seemingly somewhat sarcastic. He made sure to walk beside, rather than behind Charon.
"But of course, my apologies, the memories, you see…" “He doesn’t.”
"I should explain. That orange glow was an echo of a memory of another. We share the same name, the memory just now was one of an introduction. My name is Graal Oh Otonami, translated to your tongue, it roughly means protector of the knowledge of the Otonami clan. It is a title, rather than a name, but I never really had a name so…" he trails off. An awkward quiet proceeded to fall over the two as they walked.
“You may call me Charon” the black wolf answered, much to Graal’s relief.
"Then you may call me Graal." he answers, "I always did find the whole label a little laborious in Engtung."
For a while, they walk in silence, somewhat amiable, but Graal could tell that Charon was more than a little uncomfortable with chatter, and could respect it, even with the questions burning in his mind, he might have to ask another, except this one...
"How are the humans in this w- this land?." he asks, quickly correcting his words.
“What would he do if he found I wasn’t even from the same world, never mind the same land?”
He dismisses the thought with an internal scoff, though he couldn’t hide the level of consternation in his eyes.
“He’d probably think me mad. And who could blame him? I doubt he was brought up with the same sense of history I was after all.”

"Graal's Speaking."
“Graal's Thoughts.”
-Graal's Memories-
Back to top Go down
Charon
Veteran
Veteran
Charon

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open]   A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] EmptyFri Jul 10, 2015 6:01 pm

The sound of crashing waves were soon muffled by the sound of their paws stepping, the grass shuffling and crunching underneath. The stranger that Charon had found that had washed up on the beach, followed at his flank and could be seen out of his peripherals. Despite offering his guidance, he slightly regretted it because the stench of the sea was following him. The sooner they reach a creek or stream would be the better. In the meantime, the old one asked of his name. In turn, Charon demanded the elder speak his name first. After all, he was the one who was at the mercy of Charon at the moment. Fortunately, he complied. Turning his head, ears turned to listen, erect. With undivided attention, teal eyes looked to him. He explained what had just happened and how it connected to his namesake. A pity, his name being his title from where he hails from. But maybe that's also the norm? Who knows. In any case, it sounds like a prestigious title, Charon thought to himself as Graal had introduced himself. Offering his own name in return, Charon was glad he cooperated rather than made a big fuss like some others have in the past. He felt knowledge of his name should be earned and only he judges when it is thus earned. It could be as little as the other offering theirs first or gaining his respect in various ways.

"'Growl'? Did I hear right?", Graal's accent may have marred his name and confused Charon in hearing it correctly. Continuing briefly, Charon countered, "Nonsense, you should be proud of such'a label. Wherever you hail from, you must be quite the dignitary." He fell quiet to allow Graal to answer his question. If what the old one said was true, then Charon could respect such duties.

Tail flicking from time to time, silence wedged in between them. Not much for small talk anyway, Charon was perfectly fine with silence as they walked. Slowly, Charon was heading off to the right, heading more south than east, which where the streams were. He did this subconsciously, not noticing he was going more and more off track. A breeze flowed through his sooty colored fur. Graal spoke up with another question; about the humans. It almost sounded like that he was expecting the humans to be different here than where he was from. "I guess the same as any other? Stupid, eccentric, selfish and power-hungry creatures that have no regard for their surroundings." Turning his head, he looked to Graal, "Are they different from where you come from?"
Back to top Go down
GraalOtonami
Elite
Elite
GraalOtonami

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open]   A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 8:50 am

Graal Oh Otonami

They walked for a while, waves fading into the distance. The soft grass under their feet soon wiped away the gritty sand stuck in Graal's paws, much to his relief, though it did uncover the fact that it had nicked him, causing his back left paw to leave a bloody trail behind him.

followed at his flank and could be seen out of his peripherals. Despite offering his guidance, he slightly regretted it because the stench of the sea was following him.

Following Charon, he almost pitied the ashen wolf for his presence.
"Again, I apologise for the stench..." He murmurs, bowing his head in the knowledge that the sun's rays were only serving to exacerbate the smell rising from his salt-matted fur.
They chatted a little, much to Graal's delight.
"'Growl'? Did I hear right?" Charon asked to his chagrin.
"Not all that far off, Charon." He smiles, "In fact, it was originally just that, an aggressive growl. Rather mockingly, his mate continued to call him Graal even after he died, and before she died, she named another, my ancestor, Graal, for he had the same nature as that first wolf."
Even as they continue, and Graal mentions that his full title is somewhat cumbersome in their shared language, Charon quickly counters his flippancy.
"Nonsense, you should be proud of such'a label. Wherever you hail from, you must be quite the dignitary."
This tickled Graal a little.
"A dignitary?" He chuckles, "Only if you consider a wandering story teller or a teacher, a singer or a peacemaker a dignitary I'm afraid." He smiles.
"There's little noble about me or my calling, other than the history of those that came before me. It merely means I cannot take a pack until my last days."
And then Graal fell silent.
He had a feeling that Charon was used to this kind of silence, and perhaps Graal himself should be by now too. He had been a Loner for a long time now, most of his life, but long had he remembered the feeling of being part of a family and he missed the chatter and buzz. He always had.

The wind blew through their silence, the scents of summer flowers, sea breeze and buzzing insects all flowing around them, mixing with the powerful salty seaweed-smell of Graal.
"I wish I could smell this land, I always did love the smell of coastal fields..." Graal muses, eyes following a dragonfly as it hovers overhead.

Eventually though, Graal spoke up once more with a question, about humans this time.
"I guess the same as any other? Stupid, eccentric, selfish and power-hungry creatures that have no regard for their surroundings." Turning his head, he looks to Graal, "Are they different from where you come from?"
Graal ponders on this, on his memories.

-THE YOUNG BOY SMILES AT GRAAL, THE SMELL OF BLOOD FLOODING HIS SENSES AS HE SHOVES THE YOUNG WOLF BACK, A TEAR RUNNING DOWN HIS CHEEK. BEAR PAWS CRUSH THE BOY'S RIBCAGE IN AN INSTANT, HIS LAST EXPRESSION ONE OF SHEER TERROR AND PAIN.-

"Humans where I come from are largely the same..." He murmurs, "But on their own? I think that they might... I don't know..." He trails off a little. "Some aren't like the others I suppose..."

"Graal's Speaking."
"Graal's Thoughts."
-GRAAL'S MEMORIES-

(( Sorry for the delay, a lot has been going on))

((Sorry for the delay, had a lot going on))
Back to top Go down
Sunrise
Docile
Docile
Sunrise

Character Sheet
Member Status: Nayati Pack Nayati Pack

PostSubject: Re: A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open]   A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 9:11 am

A bushy tail swished above the small body of the sun wolf. The pattern on her back shifted to and fro as little paws carried her over the ridge line. The earth began to shift from grassy to gritty as the beach neared. The stream off to her right burbled and bubbled as it made it's way down from the mountains. The water clear, and lovely. The leathery nose at the end of her muzzle worked busily, as she had found herself further from home for longer periods of time. There was far too much to explore within these lands. Many new scents that kept her ever curious about the world around her.

A scent struck her familiar. Her tail wagged above her back as she knew exactly who it was. Though, there was a new and unfamiliar scent wit him. Una's head tilted slightly as she thought weather or not to approach. She stuck out like a sore thumb amidst the green. Her pelt a mix of oranges, yellows and soft reds. Curiosity got the better of her, and she could not help the desire to find out who the stranger was. Strange that she enjoyed so much meeting new people, even if it did get her into trouble more often then she would admit. A yip, and she was off and following the pair. Not trailing too close, but close enough to see them. Una was curious, but she was growing more cautious as she spent more time out and about.

Charon looked to be in top form, as always... yet the stranger was quite the opposite. Her ears perked and she got an idea. Swiftly she rushed off, her nose to the ground. She knew of a few hidden rabbit dens around here, as they liked to comb the beach for seaweed. Just outside one of their dens, upwind she waited for one to peek out. Wide eyed and patient she waited in ambush. Ten minutes went by before she saw a pair of ears stick out from the den. Muscles bunched in anticipation she waited for the rabbit to emerge fully. In a quick bound she over took the small unsuspecting animal and bit its neck to kill it. Taking it up into her jaws she ran back to where she had last seen the walking pair. A look around and she spotted the two walking together still.

Her jaws lowered and she set the rabbit down. A loud bark, and she made her presence known. If they hadn't already picked up the scent. Her tail swayed slightly side to side, and she picked up the rabbit once more. Una knew better then to just run up on others so she waited for them to turn around. Rabbit in her mouth she waited.

(I hope you don't mind me popping into this thread)
Back to top Go down
Charon
Veteran
Veteran
Charon

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open]   A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 2:30 pm

Graal apologizes for the horrific stench he was giving off and even being mostly out of his control, Charon was a little peeved by it. He could swear his olfactory was slowly melting away. Taking a risk by cutting off a sense, ice manifested just inside his nostrils to plug up the smell that Graal was emitting. Oh, that felt much better. Hopefully he didn't sound all nasally, giving away something that might upset the ol' wolf.

Unable to pronounce his name correctly, or perhaps hearing it wrong, Charon asked the elder if he did in fact hear it right. Either way, it sounded like an odd name, even if it was in his native tongue. Instead of correcting him, Graal actually commended him on the pronounciation. This led to a short explaination of the origins of Graal's namesake. His anscestors seemed to have simplistic natures in naming. Charon could remember those times, though his parents had to name him and his brother such exorbent names that had meaning, weight. Graal's story was interesting nonetheless and with the few more times saying it, the 'younger' wolf think he understood better. "'Graal'... to think a name would come frommuh simple sound that we make."

Remarking that the title that has been bestowed upon Graal by his peers or elders of his home sounded special in the least, this made the old one chuckle. Perhaps too generous. Graal humbled himself, talking down that his place was relatively low on the totem pole. Charon countered again, speaking his own form of wisdom. "Ev'ryone has their place and are as important as any other. Sure beats being an Alpha, leading and bein' in charge of ev'rythin', with little freedom. At least you get to travel and get to do what you want, tellin' stories." Not quite fully understanding what Graal stated about not taking a pack until late in life, he didn't pursue it. If he did hear right however, it didn't sound like he really belonged to a place at the moment and didn't have a place to go back to. But maybe hear right. It seemed like he was having a hard time understanding the old wolf.

The humans were on Graal's mind, suddenly wondering what they were like here. This made Charon think that maybe Graal's humans and the humans here were different. He couldn't imagine humans being any different. Straight up insulting the humans as a race, he explained to Graal. Agreeing at first, it sounded like Graal was used to similar situations. However continuing, he wasn't making much sense, trailing off. "You actually think humans have potential? All's they care about is themselves. Even then they fight each other over petty things." Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

A bark came from off in the distance. Having since plugged up his nose, Charon didn't notice the approach. Hackles jittered, startled. Looking around where he heard it come from, there was familiarity in the bark. Eventually, there was a glimmer of golden fur and he instantly recognized who it was. Returning with a few barks of his own, he told the female that she was able to approach.
Back to top Go down
GraalOtonami
Elite
Elite
GraalOtonami

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open]   A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 11:02 am

Graal Oh Otonami

Charon counters Graal's monologue with a simple statement, speaking sagely of his own views. "Ev'ryone has their place and are as important as any other. Sure beats being an Alpha, leading and bein' in charge of ev'rythin', with little freedom. At least you get to travel and get to do what you want, tellin' stories."
Graal pauses, cocking his head.
"It quite honestly never occured to me to think of it that way."
As they continued, Graal asked Charon's opinion on the local humans, and upon their exchange, Charon's apparent disgust, or perhaps despair, became apparent.
"You actually think humans have potential? All's they care about is themselves. Even then they fight each other over petty things."
"But of course." Graal smiles, "Why else would they be so advanced? It was only beside humans that my clan's potential became apparent. With Humans, we advanced and united our entire world under a single banner of peace and understanding."
Of course, there were always complications, isolated incidents, push-backs and schisms, but over the millenia, Vulf, Vulfkin and Man eventually put aside their differences, libraries of all known knowledge were compiled, education was such that anything that was necessary to know was common knowledge, and specialised knowledge was taught freely and to anyone who was curious.
-"PUP! SIT DOWN!" HIS TEACHER BARKED AT HIM, PUTTING GRAAL IN HIS PLACE. GRAAL SAT ON THE SPOT, HIS EYES STILL FOLLOWING THE RUBY-RED BUTTERFLY. HIS TEACHER SIGHED, SMILING A LITTLE, "DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT BUTTERFLY CAME FROM?" GRAAL SHOOK HIS HEAD, EYES FIXATED ON THE MESMERISING INSECT. "DO YOU REMEMBER THE FURRY CATERPILLAR THAT YOU ATE AND BECAME SICK FOR A WEEK?" GRAAL SHUDDERS, NODDING HIS HEAD AND LOOKING BACK INTO THE PALE BLUE EYES OF HIS TEACHER. "WHEN THAT CATERPILLAR WAS OLD ENOUGH, IT ATE AS MUCH AS IT COULD AND....-
The memory fades, leaving Graal with a sad smile on his face. A bark interrupts his reverie, and an eyebrow raises, noticing Charon's aggressive response.
He turns, looking towards the golden animal and bowing his head in silent greeting.
"Vulf." he says as she comes closer, "Apologies for the smell, Charon is showing me to a river where I can rid myself of the foul stench of the sea."

"Graal's Speaking."
"Graal's Thoughts."
-GRAAL'S MEMORIES-

(( Apologies for the delay, I've had some serious stuff going on back home, seemingly at the speed of light. ))
Back to top Go down
Sunrise
Docile
Docile
Sunrise

Character Sheet
Member Status: Nayati Pack Nayati Pack

PostSubject: Re: A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open]   A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] EmptyFri Jul 31, 2015 9:42 am

Charon's reaction to her brought a slightly amused look to her eyes. Ever the edgy one. When he barked back at her and Graal greeted her, she picked up the large hare and trotted down to them. Her tail waved behind her like a flag as she made her way down to them. She slowed as she approached, and then set the hare down at their feet. Her pink tongue grazed over her maw and she bowed her head in return greeting. "Hello there" she said softly, her Russian accent thick in her words. "I um, brought you something to eat..." She said, her ears back a little bit atop her head.

Bright eyes watched the two, and her sun pelt shimmered slightly in the sunlight. Her tail fanned slowly behind her as she looked at them. When Graal apologized for the smell, she shook her head lightly. "Do not worry, or apologize. The river is just up ahead, and you will be refreshed in no time. She said and then looked between him and Charon. "May I accompany you as well?" She asked, not wanting to intrude on them by assuming they would let her tag along.
Back to top Go down
Charon
Veteran
Veteran
Charon

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open]   A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] EmptySat Aug 15, 2015 1:40 am

Countering with unbearably true facts about the humans, Graal answers Charon's half rhetorical question about the human's potential. In truth they have advanced quite a lot in the two hundred years or so he was non-existent mortal plane. But he didn't want to admit that. Indeed, he did despise the humans and their mettle with his kind and other wildlife. And then there were humans who could take the shape just like him or Graal and most would be none the wiser of their true form. He listened to the elder with his own wisdom, he didn't want to absorb what he was saying but it was difficult as Graal spoke of how close his clan was with the humans. "Tch. Never heard'a such'a thing. United together... You must'a lived on another planet, er somethin'. Hardly like that anythin' here." Graal was in for a rude awakening if he expected of such a thing here. Humans were the same no matter where he's been. He couldn't believe such a thing and with his tone, probably rather ignorantly discredited Graal's past experiences as rubbish.

His mood beginning to tinge with sourness with the topic of humans, perhaps it was a good thing that Una had showed up. Always cautious, his body prepared for the unexpected, however quickly relaxed after what he saw. Granting Una approach, there was a pause until the three were at a comfortable distance from one another. She seemed upbeat like usual. It also seemed she had a snack that she got for herself just recently. Charon could smell how fresh the blood was. Licking her chops clean, she greeted them both. Although she said that she brought him something to eat, Charon wasn't so sure whether she meant him or Graal. Suspecting himself as it would seem odd to offer a complete stranger a premeditated snack, Charon instantly wanted to deny it. He could get his own food just fine, and still rather sexist, also didn't need no female fetching his food for him. Thinking twice, what little manners and etiquette he did have, he thought of a different way to answer. "I think our, eh, smelly friend here could appreciate the food more than myself." Charon chortled as he poked fun at Graal. Overly self-conscious as he's been, Graal apologized for the fishy stench.

Having a similar idea as he did, Una offered the nearby stream that he was on his way to. "That's where we're headin', actually." Charon confirmed with her and upon hearing it, she then asked to come along with them. Failing to see the purpose of her coming along since it was Graal who was in need a bath, it was her time that she would be using, not his, so he didn't care. He shrugged and neutrally said, "Sure, I don't mind... Though I suppose it's up to him anyway.", Charon gestured to Graal.

Once it was all settled, Charon would lead the group towards the stream once again.

(Sorry for my delay)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open]   A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open] Empty

Back to top Go down

A brave new world [Charon/Sunrise/Open]
Page 1 of 1