Role Play Website : Kumari Style.
Welcome! The Kumari Wolves is a semi-realistic/fantasy Play by Post Role Playing game. We cater for people in ranges from Beginner to advanced. We strive on plot making and drawn out stories! Please come in and join the fun!
If you are an existing member, please log in below. If you are a new member, it is easy and free to register! If you happen to be a guest just passing through, feel free to roam our boards for a great read!
Role Play Website : Kumari Style.
Welcome! The Kumari Wolves is a semi-realistic/fantasy Play by Post Role Playing game. We cater for people in ranges from Beginner to advanced. We strive on plot making and drawn out stories! Please come in and join the fun!
If you are an existing member, please log in below. If you are a new member, it is easy and free to register! If you happen to be a guest just passing through, feel free to roam our boards for a great read!

This is the Role play site you've been looking for.
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 36 on Sat Feb 19, 2022 6:02 pm
s w i t c h .
a c c o u n t s

Latest topics
» Forced Heroes
Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) Emptyby Guest Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:13 pm

» Victory
Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) Emptyby Lucius Mistwalker Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:03 pm

» Uninvited Guest
Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) Emptyby Desi'Andrea Sabine Tue Mar 08, 2016 2:57 pm

» The Dusk Comes
Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) Emptyby Bladewolf Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:13 pm

» Making Trouble
Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) Emptyby Aleria Mon Feb 08, 2016 2:53 pm

» Lone Wanderings (Open)
Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) Emptyby Noctis Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:46 am

» Coming Home (Blade)
Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) Emptyby Bladewolf Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:09 pm

» Valkoine
Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) Emptyby Admin Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:23 am

» Second Chances
Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) Emptyby Lucius Mistwalker Wed Jan 27, 2016 2:06 am

» Mannix
Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) Emptyby Mannix Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:09 am

V O T E
m a k e . u s . # 1

Top 50 Wolf RPG

Last of the Wilds

100 Wolf Roleplay Sites

Intus Incednia's K9 Elites

Top 100 Canine Sites

100 Top Wolf RP Sites

Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria)

Go down 
+2
Admin
Aleria
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Aleria
Dilettante
Dilettante
Aleria

Character Sheet
Member Status: Kostas Pack Kostas Pack

Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) Empty
PostSubject: Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria)   Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 12:01 pm

Hey guys, so i have a competition coming in about a month and a half for a club at the college called PBL. For the competition I have two events I am participating in, but I just need help organizing my ideas for one of them.

The event: Desktop Publishing
The topic: A renowned publishing firm has hired you to join their executive marketing team for the upcoming release of White Tiger, Yellow Tiger —a novel written by the
esteemed author, Christopher Li. The firm asks that you design the book jacket (includes the front and back covers),an event flyer, and a full-color newspaper advertisement.

What the book is about: Two star-crossed lovers meet in the blossoming Southeast Asian landscape during an historic era of great political upheaval. Their romantic circumstance, though secret, drives them to take up refuge in the dark, mysterious Khmer jungle where, according to local folklore, the mythic white and yellow tigers convened to make peace with the world. As a consequence of their generational divide, their recluse reflects the external turmoil, igniting furious tensions over social expectation and meaningful, productive existence. As the climate, both political and emotional, slides from their grip, the space in which they hoped peace would manifest becomes a sight for intense reckoning

Since this is a competition the only thing I am asking is to help organize my thoughts.

Once I get the picture created for the book jacket the rest is easy. That is the only thing giving me problems. I had an idea for it, but once I started to research the topic my idea was sorta already done, so now I have to come up with another one.

Idea 1 for book jacket cover: At the bottom of the page the two tigers heads could be together then the rest of the back ground could be like cosmo's and the two lovers could be holding each other

Idea 2: A reflective pool of water, the two tigers circling each other and a peace sign in the middle of them

Idea 3: peace sign in the middle man and woman on either side reaching for it. Back ground would be cosmo colors and the two tiger heads faded in the back

That's about all i can think of at the moment, right now i am trying to figure out how to combine the photos and make it look good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria)   Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 12:48 pm

might sound silly but what about a lotus flower on water at the bottom third or quarter of the cover, the water having a ripple effect out from the lotus and two tigers (one white one yellow) intertwined. I could do a rough draft but it will take a while. If you wanted to simplify it a little i would have two tiger heads instead of whole bodies and facing each other.
Back to top Go down
Aleria
Dilettante
Dilettante
Aleria

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria)   Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 3:32 pm

I was actually thinking about a flower too but I didn't know how to incorporate it because I wanted the cover to have color on it since I have to print it :/ But I need easy ideas because I am not good with pictures.. or artsy things..

Another idea i had was just haveing the two tigers circling each other and a peace sign in the middle

or the couple reaching for a peace sign that as the image of the earth in it.. and maybe like a black background or simple 1 color back ground.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria)   Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 5:30 pm

I kind of like the third idea the most, maybe you could literally have shooting stars crossing over head or something like that Smile
Back to top Go down
Aleria
Dilettante
Dilettante
Aleria

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria)   Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 5:57 pm

thanks you two, just trying to put the pics together. any of you know an easy way to do that that will make them pretty? I'm trying to do it in word
Back to top Go down
Admin

Admin

Character Sheet
Member Status: Administrator Administrator

PostSubject: Re: Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria)   Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 6:23 pm

Ohhh, rates idea of the lotus would e perfect Alley.
"Lotus flower has been used to indicate different meanings in different circumstances. In a relationship, it is normally used to mean being totally in love with someone and being forgetful of all that has happened in the past between you. It is also used in Asian religions especially in India to represent awakening to the spiritual reality of life."
That's perfect, the lotus is a massive symbolic relic in Asian culture. THE peace sign is a good idea too, but it is more of a western symbol. The lotus can be used in the stead of the peace sign since it grows in the jungles anyway.
The lotus grows in muddy waters, and is such a beautiful bloom. IT Could also symbolise the love blossoming from such misguided circumstances. The mud being the situation, the flower being the love.

Another idea, or one you can incorporate into the same one:
The tigers as the inverted representation of their stripes. So, a yellow tiger (black stripes can be made transparent) and the white tiger the same.
One thing I have learned though design is that less is most often than not more; what I mean by this is that while the stars and the sky is a good idea, it might be too much and flood the book cover. Perhaps you can make a deep blue background as a base for the cover and dot it with a few white specks to incorporate the night sky.
Back to top Go down
Aleria
Dilettante
Dilettante
Aleria

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria)   Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) EmptyTue Feb 04, 2014 5:44 pm

oh neat! yes i do need less.. something simple Thanks for all of your inputs! I haven't the time to work on it right yet but when I get something concrete i'll figure out how to post it on here but it may be about a month or so since it isn't due yet
Back to top Go down
Benjamin Nekishu
Elite
Elite
Benjamin Nekishu

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria)   Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) EmptySun May 04, 2014 9:46 am

Remeber this??? Well...

ALERIA CAME FIRST!!!! WOOOOOOO!!!!! And she is heading to nationals!! CONGRATULATIONS ALLEY!!!! So proud of you Very Happy

Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) 29vlcus
Back to top Go down
http://thekumariwolves.ohmylife.net
Bladewolf
Able
Able
Bladewolf

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria)   Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) EmptySun May 04, 2014 5:20 pm

Yay!!! Go Aleria!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria)   Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) EmptyMon May 05, 2014 10:36 am

Wow go you!
Back to top Go down
Aleria
Dilettante
Dilettante
Aleria

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria)   Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) EmptyMon May 05, 2014 10:48 am

-blushes- Thanks guys Smile thanks for all of your help
Back to top Go down
Kara
Elite
Elite
Kara

Character Sheet
Member Status: Nayati Pack Nayati Pack

PostSubject: Re: Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria)   Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) EmptyTue May 06, 2014 4:42 pm

YAY! CONGRATS DEAR!
Back to top Go down
Orchid
Able
Able
Orchid

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria)   Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) EmptyTue May 06, 2014 8:39 pm

Congrats!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria)   Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria) Empty

Back to top Go down

Remembe this guys? (tag whole site; Aleria)
Page 1 of 1